This foursome explored Lighthouse Cave on San Salvador, Bahamas. See other beautiful phenomena from the Bahamas.
Ecotourism in Costa Rica
Tourism is one of the largest industries worldwide.People have always travelled for several reasons. During the last couple of decades nature based travel has grown tremendously.Tourism generates large amounts of revenue/income, and provides employment amongst many advantages. However tourism especially mass tourism has its share of negative effects that may threaten the fragile biodiversities worldwide.Ecotourism that seeks to strengthen compatibility between biodiversity and tourism is key to biodiversity conservation.Ecotourism in Costa Rica is a case in point.
I chose ecotourism because i think that it is important to understand the concept for us as travellers. This may be key to the conservation of biodiversities. Ecotourism promotes responsible travelwith minimum negative impacts if any at all.
What is Ecotourism?
When was the concept developed?
Who is an Ecotraveller?
-How can we become responsible tourists?
How does Ecotourism impact on Costa Rica's tourism.
-The pros and cons of ecotourism.
1.Honey, Martha S. “Treading lightly? Ecotourism's impact on the environment.” Environment, v. 41 issue 5, 1999, p. 4-9.
2. Park, Jacob.; Honey, Martha. “The paradox of paradise.” Environment, v. 41 issue 8, 1999, p. 4-5.
3. Aswathanarayana, U. “Functions and organizational structure of the proposed Natural Resources Management Facility in Mozambique.” Environmental Geology, v. 37 issue 3, 1999, p. 176-80.
4. McRae, Michael. “Spreading the profits--and the pain--of wildlife protection.” Science, v. 280 issue 5363, 1998, p. 511.
5. Edwards, Rob. “Beware green imperialists.” New Scientist, v. 154, 1997, p. 14-15.
6. Pearce, Fred. “Huge price tag put on protecting biodiversity.” New Scientist, v. 178, 2003, p. 7.
7. Burnie, David. “Ecotourists to paradise.” New Scientist, v. 142, 1994, p. 23-7.
Return to Topic Menu
We also have a GUIDE for depositing articles, images, data, etc in your research folders.
Article complete. Click HERE to return to the Pre-Course Presentation Outline and Paper Posting Menu. Or, you can return to the course syllabus
WEATHER & EARTH SCIENCE RESOURCES
OTHER ACADEMIC COURSES, STUDENT RESEARCH, OTHER STUFF
TEACHING TOOLS & OTHER STUFF
It is 11:21:31 AM on Tuesday, September 18, 2018. Last Update: Wednesday, May 7, 2014