Our Study: To survey women who are members of patriarchal religions, to see how being female affects their sense of power within thier religion.
The Goal: To research and examine the connection between patriarchal religions and societies, and to prove that patriarchy's disrespect of women deflates them. Also, to research the possibility of matrifocal societies being a natural state for humans(or even human nature?), as this seems a proper remedy for the problems of patriarchy.
1) Eisler, Raine. The Chalice and the Blade. HarperCollins: Pacific Grove, California. 1987.
2) Gimbutas, Maria. The Goddesses and Gods of Old Europe: Myths and Cult Images. University of Californis Press: Berkeley, Los Angeles, New York. 1974.
3) Smith, J.C. The Castration of Oedipus: Feminism, Psychoanalysis, and the Will to Power. NYU Press, New York. 1996.
4) Matriarch's Way Journal (Online):
5) Walker, Barbara G. The Womans Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets.
HarperSanFransisco: San Fransisco. 1983.
For Further Info on this Topic, Check out this WWW Site: http://member.oal.com/femdombook/matriarchs_way_journal.htm .
Return to the Topic Menu
IMPORTANT: For each Response, make sure the title of the response is different than previous titles shown above!
Weather & Earth Science Resources
Tropical Ecosystem Courses
Tools & Other Stuff