Natural Systems-Fall '00
Final Project Reports
It is 2:35:28 PM on Thursday, August 16, 2018. This page has served 8138 people since 07/11/99.
These are the Final Discovery Lab Reports for Natural Systems
1, Fall'00. Please feel free to browse...
You can Input Your "Final Report" , and then review feedback on this page.
Peer Review is a fundamental component of doing science.To help make your
projects more scientifically sound, you are being called upon
to put forward your ideas, proposals, lab packets and final report
as well as provide feedback to your peers.
Remember: Look at the outline below for details on the specifics to be included in your "final report."
Make sure it is complete! Turn in a "hard copy" in addition to
your WWW submission.
The Final Report Format
Each "Final Report" should be a minimum of 5 pages long, plus references, research time-line, data sheets, appendices, etc.
This is it folks!!
Title (with all authors)
- Purpose/Problem. What is (are) your hypothesis(es)?
- How did you decide on this project? How did you decide upon your
- What do you plan to accomplish?
- Relevance, if any. Why is this research interesting?
2. Relevance of your research question
- Literature Review--What have others done?
- How does your research relate to a larger question(s)? What contribution
will your project hopefully be able to make to the broader base
of human knowledge?
3. Materials and Methods
- What is your experimental design? Is it statistically sound? What
are the reasons behind the different parts of your experimental
design? Why are or aren't you doing certain things?
- Is your experimental design statistically sound? How do you know?
Did you ask for advice?
- How will you ensure unbiased results?
- How will you ensure that the data collected by the class can be
trusted? Will you show adequately demonstrate your data collection
methods and the importance of consistency?
- Describe important materials and how they will be used.
- Describe other methods. How will you involve the class in your
study? Be specific! Will the class be asked to process data? How?
- Have you included a Data Sheet?
- Include a specific timeline (your own and the class!) of research execution.
- Think about how best to convey your findings. What types of statistics
will be of use to you? Why?
- How will you best display your results? Graphs, tables? Think
long and hard about this!
- Include statistical tests, tables (numerical data) and figures
(graphs, drawings, etc.) when appropriate.
5. Discussion & Conclusions --Hint: This is supposed to be fun!
- Based on your background research, your own project, and analysis
of the data, explain why you got the results you did.
- Think beyond the project. How does your work fit in with what others have done? What additional questions do you have?
- What suggestions do you have for further investigation?
6. Literature Cited
- Be sure to include an impressive suite of literature citations
that directly relate to your study. This literature must include
citations from the peer reviewed journals. World Wide Web citations
are of secondary importance!
Natural Systems Lab Teaching Packet Submissions:
- A Study of the Behavior of Swans (12/11/01) [ Researcher: Jocie Ellis, Ryan Pearl, Ryan Nootz-Section: Myers ]
- Dendrochronology (12/13/00) [ Researcher: Rachel Neff, Erin Woike, Laura Stevens, Eric Claus, Eric Weaver-Section: Smith ]
- Soil Erosion of the Bluffs (12/13/00) [ Researcher: Hall Fleming Basilius Larsen-Section: Smith ]
- The Effect of Vegetation on Erosion Rates (12/13/00) [ Researcher: Nathaniel Minto, Charlie Hansen, Mike Frager, Will Brisbane, Jill White-Section: Smith ]
- Methods of Rainfall Collection (12/13/00) [ Researcher: Ali Stout, Becky Grodon, Natalie Geiszler,Catherine Johnson, Erin Reschke-Section: Cummins ]
- FINAL: Our Dreams and the Sky: a Closer Look (12/11/00) [ Researcher: Brett Sweeney, Sean CLark, Pam Rowe-Section: Myers ]
- Attitudes of People Towards Nature (12/10/00) [ Researcher: Laura Baverman, Michael Davis-Section: Myers ]
- THE REAL Final 2: Criminal Activity as it Relates to the Lunar Cycle (12/10/00) [ Researcher: Veronica Arnold, Adam Todd, Beth Price-Section: Myers ]
- Final 1: TEAMSTREAM!! -- The Effect of Landscape on Streams (12/9/00) [ Researcher: TEAMSTREAM - Jessica Miller, Genevieve Knight, Denise Riffle-Section: Myers ]
- Final 2: Criminal Activity as it Relates to the Lunar Cycle (12/9/00) [ Researcher: Veronica Arnold, Adam Todd, Beth Price-Section: Myers ]
- Tree Architecture (12/9/00) [ Researcher: Andy Culberston, Lori Mikesell, Scot Teti, Georgia Wangy-Section: Myers ]
- Final2: Social activity, Alcohol Intake, and the Lunar Cycle (12/9/00) [ Researcher: Kori Smith, Renee Botens, Donna Zimmerman-Section: Myers ]
- Honeysuckle Friend or Foe (12/9/00) [ Researcher: Ryan Geismar, Josie Leimbach, Kerilyn Fields, Michael Hemme-Section: Myers ]
- Final 1, Enter the Bean Daddies (12/8/00) [ Researcher: James Mercer, Jeff DaMert, Adam Port-Section: Cummins ]
- adventures with tarantulas (12/8/00) [ Researcher: randy, maryjane, nicole, langston, erik, shawn-Section: Cummins ]
- Deforestations affect on climate (12/8/00) [ Researcher: Christian Ratterman, Joe Johnson, Sarah Hewitt, John-Thomas Crockett-Section: Cummins ]
- The "Miami Image" and Self-Perception (12/8/00) [ Researcher: Kendra Baird, Bethany Leeman, Katie Meredith, and Laurie Stone-Section: Cummins ]
- MAPLE SEED DISPERSAL - THE FINAL (12/8/00) [ Researcher: Katie, Wendi, Emily, and Leah-Section: Myers ]
- Are You Dying to Smoke? (12/8/00) [ Researcher: Alexis Evans, Meghan Feran, Matt Conner, Laurie Perrin, Mike Moore-Section: Cummins ]
- Tree damage and their suffering (12/8/00) [ Researcher: Jay Axe, Matt Cottrill, Paula Moran, Neal Rosenthal-Section: Myers ]
- Here Comes The Sun...Final Lab Packet (12/7/00) [ Researcher: De Stefano, Neidenthal, Hoffmann, Kostka, Carroll, McFadden -Section: Cummins ]
- Final: Is Our Modernizing Culture Killing Biophilia? (12/7/00) [ Researcher: Cassandra Solderitsch and Ross Meyer-Section: Myers ]
- Is our modernizing culture killing Biophila? Natural versus Artificial Lighting (12/7/00) [ Researcher: Cassandra Solderitsch and Ross Meyer-Section: Myers ]
- Don't Drink The Water!!! (12/7/00) [ Researcher: Jenni Taylor, Martine Nicolay, Brett Ruttenberg, Rachel Wray, & Lauren Collins-Section: Cummins ]
- Hot Spots, Cool Spots, Why Not Sunspots (12/6/00) [ Researcher: Brynnen Callahan, Lauren Collier, Claire Holland-Moritz, Liz Marconi, Shanna Shaw -Section: Cummins ]
IMPORTANT: If this page seems to be missing recently added documents, click
the "Reload Page" button on your Web Browser to update the menu.
Visit the rest of the site!
Any mail, comments or suggestions? You can Add to my Guestbook , View the Guestbook or e-mail me privately .
Thanks for stopping by!