Tree Architecture, Draft 2
This topic submitted by Lori Mikesell, Scot T., Andy C. and Georgia W. (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 3:22 pm on 9/12/00. Additions were last made on Wednesday, May 7, 2014. Section: Myers
Our group's idea for the Student Generated Lab is based on landscape ecology and specifically looking at the architecture of trees. We are going to focus on the structure of tree branches looking at their angles, strenght, and height. Mostly we are wanting to look at the trees overall shape and comparing that to the interior and exterior trees in the forest. Then deciding how weather has an effect on this tree structure such as wind, water, and sunlight. We may possibly look at the structure of the tree within one tree on edge of the forest and observe the difference in the structure of it.
Return to the Topic Menu
Here is a list of responses that have been posted to this Study...
IMPORTANT: Press the Browser Reload button to view the latest contribution.
- this is for information (4/25/01) [ Contributor: P. R. Shnkar -Section: ]
- wow, interesting (9/25/00) [ Contributor: Amanda Carroll, Dan Kostka-Section: Cummins ]
- unique idea, but.. (9/18/00) [ Contributor: Melissa Woehr-Section: Campbell ]
- Tree Architecture, Draft 2 (9/16/00) [ Contributor: Lori Mikesell,Scott T., Andy C., Georgia W.-Section: Cummins ]
- tree architecture, draft 2 (9/15/00) [ Contributor: Lori Mikesell, Scott T., Andy C. and Georgia W. -Section: Myers ]
- insightful (9/14/00) [ Contributor: jenny donnelly-Section: Campbell ]
- angles (9/12/00) [ Contributor: paula-Section: Myers ]
Respond to this Submission!
IMPORTANT: For each Response, make sure the title of the response is different than previous titles shown above!
Article complete. Click HERE
to return to the Natural Systems Menu.
Visit the rest of the site!