Natural Systems-Fall '00
Project Ideas Menu
It is 1:04:39 PM on Friday, March 23, 2018. This page has served 8252 people since 07/11/99.
These are Research Ideas for Natural Systems 1, Fall'00. Please feel free to browse...
You can Input Your Research Ideas/Questions , and then review feedback on this page. Or, just look at what
other students plan to do.
Peer Review is a fundamental component of doing science.To help make your
discussion projects more scientifically sound, you are being called
upon to put forward ideas, proposals, lab packets and final report
as well as provide feedback to your peers.
Each Project Idea must include (1) a Research Question(s);
(2) Specific Predictions;
(3) a Preliminary Research Design; and,
(4) a Minimum of 5 Library/Journal references
that relate to your research question.
Some Important Considerations: (1) Be practical! Not all questions
are "good" questions! (2) Discuss your research ideas with a Peer
Science Tutor. They were once where you are now!; and (3) It's your
idea. Make it work!
Natural Systems Research Ideas:
- Architectual Styles and Peoples' Behavior (9/20/01) [ Researcher: South Cole, Nadya Donomberg, Amy Agunga, Bill Rutledge-Section: Myers ]
- Draft 1 Drug Addiction- Do rehab centers really work? (1/10/01) [ Researcher: Joan Wise-Section: Cummins ]
- Deforestations effect on Climate (9/28/00) [ Researcher: John-Thomas Crockett, Sarah Hewitt, Joe Johnson, Christian Ratterman-Section: Cummins ]
- Draft 2-Seed Structure (9/25/00) [ Researcher: Katie, Leah, Emily and Wendi-Section: Myers ]
- Draft 2: Statistical Analysis of Cars Driven by Type (9/19/00) [ Researcher: Eric Fox, Chris Yon, Melissa Fried, Melissa Woehr, Andrea Small, Kaci Stewart-Section: Campbell ]
- Draft 2 - The Mudslides (Campbell sec. D) (9/19/00) [ Researcher: Katie, Leah, Anna, Sam, TJ-Section: Campbell ]
- Changing Leaf Color of Different Tree Species (9/18/00) [ Researcher: Charles Arko, Jennifer White, Meghan Oellerich, Andrzej Czech, Julie Havens-Section: Campbell ]
- Ghosts of Peabody (9/18/00) [ Researcher: -Section: Campbell ]
- (9/18/00) [ Researcher: -Section: Cummins ]
- Alcoholism at Miami vs. Western (9/17/00) [ Researcher: Brian, My, Mike, Katie, Katie, and Greg-Section: Campbell ]
- Erosion on the Creek Banks (9/13/00) [ Researcher: The Mudslides (1 pm section)-Section: Campbell ]
- Plants in Different Environments (9/13/00) [ Researcher: My, Katie, Brian, Mike, Greg, and Katie-Section: Campbell ]
- Draft 1: Statistical Analysis of Cars Driven in Oxford by Type (9/13/00) [ Researcher: Melissa Fried, Melissa Woehr, Eric Fox, Chris Yon, Andrea Small, Kaci Stewart-Section: Campbell ]
- Draft 1: The Relationship between man and nature (9/12/00) [ Researcher: Laura Baverman, Noah Applebaum, Michael Davis-Section: Myers ]
- (9/12/00) [ Researcher: PHat-Section: Campbell ]
- Ghost of Peabody Hoax or Truth? (9/12/00) [ Researcher: ghostbusters-Section: Campbell ]
- Tree Architecture, Draft 2 (9/12/00) [ Researcher: Lori Mikesell, Scot T., Andy C. and Georgia W.-Section: Myers ]
- Draft 1: Are our dreams shaped by the sky? (9/12/00) [ Researcher: Brett Sweeney, Sean Clark, Pam Rowe-Section: Myers ]
- Draft 1 - The effect of landscape on streams and their behavior as corridors (9/12/00) [ Researcher: Genevieve Knight, Jessica Miller, Denise Riffle-Section: Myers ]
- honeysuckle: friend or foe (9/12/00) [ Researcher: Josie Leimbach, Mike Hemme, Ryan Geismar, Kerilyn -Section: Myers ]
- solar flares and our weather: Draft 1 (9/11/00) [ Researcher: Claire Holland-Moritz, Lauren Collier, Shanna Shaw, Brynnen Callahan, Liz Marconi-Section: Cummins ]
- Draft 1 : Effects of nicotine and smoke from cigarettes on general health (9/11/00) [ Researcher: Alexis, Meghan, Matt, Mike & Laurie-Section: Cummins ]
- Sun Spot Activity (9/11/00) [ Researcher: John-Thomas Crockett, Sarah Hewitt, Joe Johnson, Christian Ratterman, -Section: Cummins ]
- Draft 1 Tarantula growth and eating behavior (9/11/00) [ Researcher: Sean Boda, Randy Wilson, Erik Fogt-Section: Cummins ]
- Draft 1: The Effect of Lunar Cycles on Human Alcohol Intake (9/10/00) [ Researcher: Renee, Donna Zimmerman, Kori Smith-Section: Myers ]
- soil erosion (9/10/00) [ Researcher: Matt Hall, Courtney Larsen, Christopher Flemming, Kyle Basilius-Section: Smith ]
- (9/10/00) [ Researcher: -Section: Smith ]
- (9/10/00) [ Researcher: -Section: Cummins ]
- The Osage Orange and Its Enivroment (9/10/00) [ Researcher: Jay Axe , Matt Cottrill, Paula Moran, and Neal Rosenthal-Section: Myers ]
- Seed Dispersal (9/10/00) [ Researcher: Wendi, Leah, Emily and Katie-Section: Myers ]
- Why Do Autumn Leaves Change Color? (9/10/00) [ Researcher: Natalie, Erin, Katherine, Becky Gordon, Ali Stout-Section: Smith ]
- Criminal activity as it relates to the lunar cycle (9/10/00) [ Researcher: Adam, Veronica, Beth-Section: Myers ]
- Draft 1:Testing The Biophilia Hypothesis? Do we really love or hate nature? (9/10/00) [ Researcher: Cassandra Solder, Lance Bundy, Ross Meyer-Section: Myers ]
- Draft 1: Does room color effect one's desire to eat chocolate chip cookies??? (9/9/00) [ Researcher: Jenni Taylor, Rachel Wray, Brett Ruttenberg, Lauren Collins, and one more-Section: Cummins ]
- Draft 1: The Miami Image and Self-Perception: Western vs. Main Campus (9/9/00) [ Researcher: Bethany Leeman, Maryjane Bellock, Katie Meredith, Kendra Baird, Laurie Stone-Section: Cummins ]
- Comparison of Tree Growth and Weather Conditions Draft 1 (9/7/00) [ Researcher: Eric W, Rachel N, Laura S., Erin W, Eric C-Section: Smith ]
- Sun Spots (9/7/00) [ Researcher: Amanda C, Dan K, Chelsea N, Lauren H, Erin McF, Sarah D-Section: Cummins ]
- Draft 1progression of soil erosion along creek bed (9/6/00) [ Researcher: Charlie Hansen, Nathaniel Minto, Will, and Mike-Section: Smith ]
IMPORTANT: If this page seems to be missing recently added documents, click
the "Reload Page" button on your Web Browser to update the menu.
Visit the rest of the site!
Any mail, comments or suggestions? You can Add to my Guestbook , View the Guestbook or e-mail me privately .
Thanks for stopping by!