Natural Systems-Fall '99
Final Project Reports
It is 9:28:19 PM on Saturday, March 23, 2019. This page has served 14511 people since 07/11/99.
These are the Final Discovery Lab Reports for Natural Systems
1, Fall'99. Please feel free to browse...
You can Input Your "Final Report" , and then review feedback on this page.
Peer Review is a fundamental component of doing science.To help make your
projects more scientifically sound, you are being called upon
to put forward your ideas, proposals, lab packets and final report
as well as provide feedback to your peers.
Remember: Look at the outline below for details on the specifics to be included in your "final report."
Make sure it is complete! Turn in a "hard copy" in addition to
your WWW submission.
The Final Report Format
Each "Final Report" should be a minimum of 5 pages long, plus references, research time-line, data sheets, appendices, etc.
This is it folks!!
Title (with all authors)
- Purpose/Problem. What is (are) your hypothesis(es)?
- How did you decide on this project? How did you decide upon your
- What do you plan to accomplish?
- Relevance, if any. Why is this research interesting?
2. Relevance of your research question
- Literature Review--What have others done?
- How does your research relate to a larger question(s)? What contribution
will your project hopefully be able to make to the broader base
of human knowledge?
3. Materials and Methods
- What is your experimental design? Is it statistically sound? What
are the reasons behind the different parts of your experimental
design? Why are or aren't you doing certain things?
- Is your experimental design statistically sound? How do you know?
Did you ask for advice?
- How will you ensure unbiased results?
- How will you ensure that the data collected by the class can be
trusted? Will you show adequately demonstrate your data collection
methods and the importance of consistency?
- Describe important materials and how they will be used.
- Describe other methods. How will you involve the class in your
study? Be specific! Will the class be asked to process data? How?
- Have you included a Data Sheet?
- Include a specific timeline (your own and the class!) of research execution.
- Think about how best to convey your findings. What types of statistics
will be of use to you? Why?
- How will you best display your results? Graphs, tables? Think
long and hard about this!
- Include statistical tests, tables (numerical data) and figures
(graphs, drawings, etc.) when appropriate.
5. Discussion & Conclusions --Hint: This is supposed to be fun!
- Based on your background research, your own project, and analysis
of the data, explain why you got the results you did.
- Think beyond the project. How does your work fit in with what others have done? What additional questions do you have?
- What suggestions do you have for further investigation?
6. Literature Cited
- Be sure to include an impressive suite of literature citations
that directly relate to your study. This literature must include
citations from the peer reviewed journals. World Wide Web citations
are of secondary importance!
Natural Systems Lab Teaching Packet Submissions:
- does color effect your mood? (1/10/03) [ Researcher: -Section: Cummins ]
- Can people taste without sight or smell? (1/9/03) [ Researcher: Stewart, Torri-Section: Myers ]
- sociolunar links (11/16/00) [ Researcher: Kori Smith, Rene Botens, Donna Zimmerman-Section: Myers ]
- BEech Maple Arcitecture (9/29/00) [ Researcher: Andy, Scot, Lori, Georgia-Section: Myers ]
- Socio-Lunar Links (9/29/00) [ Researcher: Kori Smith, Rene Botens, Donna Zimmerman-Section: Myers ]
- draft suck4 (5/1/00) [ Researcher: -Section: Cummins ]
- (5/1/00) [ Researcher: draft suck3-Section: Cummins ]
- Lichen and Moss Distribution in the Deciduous Forest of Oxford (12/16/99) [ Researcher: Max Comisar and Jamie Wells-Section: Nicholson ]
- Final: A Helpful Guide to the Student Generated Labs 97-99 (12/16/99) [ Researcher: Eric Johnson, Andy Dolan, Mike Ernst, Missy Post, Erin Sullivan-Section: Myers ]
- Moon Over Miami (12/16/99) [ Researcher: Julie Housiaux Micah Sherman Brandy McQueary Brandon Black-Section: Nicholson ]
- final report on taste (12/16/99) [ Researcher: demler, rudnick, allan, kohut, johnson-Section: Nicholson ]
- Final 1 Bug's Life (12/15/99) [ Researcher: Amber Bennet, Andrew Watkins, Sarah Canole-Section: Nicholson ]
- The Effects of Rainfall on the Pollution and Mineral Content of the Western Duck Pond (12/15/99) [ Researcher: Leslie B, Jackie K, Adam G, David S, Pete K, Matt W-Section: Nicholson ]
- Final: Even the squirrels are different (12/15/99) [ Researcher: Mike, Lyndsey, Naosuke, Jeremy-Section: Myers ]
- Miami Leaf Drop (12/14/99) [ Researcher: Liz Hauser, Kristi Gerard, Marty Pazol, Spencer Davis-Section: Nicholson ]
- Just Plant Chat Discovery Lab (12/12/99) [ Researcher: Lorri Bazzel, Chris Robbins, Sarah Shook, Tony Wentz-Section: Nicholson ]
- Plant Chat (12/11/99) [ Researcher: Lorri Bazzel, Chris Robbins, Sarah Shook, Tony Wentz-Section: Nicholson ]
- Does the full moon have an impact on how much chocolate you eat? (12/11/99) [ Researcher: Quincy Essinger,Sarah Yarow,Jenea Sanders,Leah Kritzer,Holly VanHorsten,JoyUsner-Section: Nicholson ]
- Effectiveness of alternative light in light therapy (12/11/99) [ Researcher: Victoria (Gus) Misuraca, Erika Johnson, Erica Bland, Stephen oliver-Section: Myers ]
- Smart Colors final lab report (12/11/99) [ Researcher: Marlow Dowell, Shawn Stickle, Beth Campbell, Laurel Batcheller-Section: Cummins ]
- Typologies of Western Program Students and Architecture Students (12/10/99) [ Researcher: Brad Iest, Nick Frentsos, Lauren Bohl, Sarah Westheimer-Section: Myers ]
- Final Draft: Birth order and demographics... Are they related to your personality? (12/10/99) [ Researcher: Kristen Antos, Nick Burns, Lindsey Sabo, and Nicky Ziomek-Section: Myers ]
- Birth order and demographics... Are they related to your personality? (12/10/99) [ Researcher: Kristen Antos, Nick Burns, Lindsey Sabo, and Nicky Ziomek-Section: Cummins ]
- High-Activation: ...GREEN!? The Effects of Color on the Human Psyche
(12/10/99) [ Researcher: Dan Mazzarini, Amy Myers, Michael Friermood, Nicole Schmidt-Section: Myers ]
- The Effects of Household Chemicals on Household Plants (12/10/99) [ Researcher: Amy Hall, John Wood, Chris Kolososki, Matt Howell-Section: Cummins ]
- A Study in the Ecosystems of Aquatic Insects (12/10/99) [ Researcher: Timothy Breihan, Andrew Davis, Christopher Haedt, Michael Loeffelman-Section: Zinn ]
- Human Behavior with relation to the lunar cycle (12/10/99) [ Researcher: lunar mooners-Section: Cummins ]
- What is Beauty? (12/10/99) [ Researcher: Melissa Raftery, Joey Gomberg, Jenny Kuehnle, and Ali Mwanundu-Section: Cummins ]
- A STUDY OF LIFE ON WESTERN POND (12/10/99) [ Researcher: Matt Kelly, Brad Hamilton, Brian Foster, Greg Dutton-Section: Cummins ]
- Petal Attraction (12/10/99) [ Researcher: Bethany Fish, Stephanie Wolfe, Mike Magee, Katie Pekarek-Section: Cummins ]
- Final 1: Freeing Our Brachiopod Brothers (12/10/99) [ Researcher: Jenny Germano, Jason Ivaliotis, Kristin McCartney, Caroline Wagner-Section: Cummins ]
- Final 1: How Color Affects Mood (12/10/99) [ Researcher: Abby Hoicowitz, Lamour Hudson, Rhett McCoy, and Annie McNerney-Section: Cummins ]
- Analyzing Sleeping Patterns Between Western majors and Architect majors (12/9/99) [ Researcher: Brooke Drcar, Leslie Roberts, Brian Molski, Anne Diehl-Section: Myers ]
- Evaporation at Western Pond (12/9/99) [ Researcher: James Boukalik, Sean Collins, Alec Risch, Drew Vankat-Section: Cummins ]
- Final 1: The Wonderful World of Lichens (12/9/99) [ Researcher: Mike S, Marissa, Creighton-Section: Zinn ]
- THE FACELIFT OF A TREE (12/9/99) [ Researcher: KRISTIE, ANDREA, ALICIA, AND ABENI-Section: Zinn ]
- Plant Chat (12/9/99) [ Researcher: Lorri Bazzel, Chris Robbins, Sarah Shook, Tony Wentz-Section: Nicholson ]
- Oxford Bird's Eating Habits (12/9/99) [ Researcher: Malika Kirkling, John Heineman, Lene Martin, Katie Casanta-Section: Cummins ]
- The Impact of Humans on the Domestication of Squirrels (12/9/99) [ Researcher: Laura Dean, Jill Dann, Heather Miller and Cleveland Dodds-Section: Zinn ]
- Final 1: Water Conservation (12/9/99) [ Researcher: Emily Janssens, Katie Leith, Elena Merlino, Megan Ruge-Section: Myers ]
- Final Draft for Tent Caterpillars (12/8/99) [ Researcher: Kelsi Billingham, Shannon Fleming, Katie Martinek, Ervin Perviz, Matt Bryant-Section: Zinn ]
- Final Draft for Tent Caterpillars (12/8/99) [ Researcher: Kelsi -Section: Cummins ]
- Draft 1: The effects of pollution on area lichens (9/13/99) [ Researcher: Mike, Creighton, Marissa, Allison-Section: Zinn ]
IMPORTANT: If this page seems to be missing recently added documents, click
the "Reload Page" button on your Web Browser to update the menu.
Visit the rest of the site!
Any mail, comments or suggestions? You can Add to my Guestbook , View the Guestbook or e-mail me privately .
Thanks for stopping by!